How To Get Out Of a Bad Mood
Sometimes there are days where I just don’t feel good for no good reason! It could be influenced by anything from lack of sleep or exercise, to lack of direction with my goals or schedule.
At times like this, it’s incredibly easy to just wallow in your grumpy, irritable mood. But that doesn’t make you feel any better!
I’ve found a good way to help get myself out of this mood, so try this next time you feel this way, too:
- Sit down with a pen and paper.
- Write down dot points answering this question: “What are my main problems right now? What is causing me to feel bad?”
- Go through each point, and write down what the SOLUTION would be to this problem.
- Write down steps to take in order to make this solution possible.
- If the solution is not possible or is out of your hands, you’re going to have to focus on letting go of that problem, as it will be wasted energy stressing over something you can’t control!
Working this way will teach you how to mentally work your way out of a bad day. After all, a bad day isn’t a bad day - it’s just a bad attitude! Only you allow a day to be bad. It’s all a matter of perspective!